So, you see the cute winter pictures of our baby down there? Guess what also happened that day.
Nope.
Nope.
Not even close.
I got a flat tire on our car! I came out of a Leading Edge meeting, fired the old bird up, and started driving off campus, but I heard this funny whump-whump-whump sound. So, I pulled off the road into a parking lot (a handicap parking space, unfortunately) and noticed that my front right tire had somehow gone completely flat. :(
But, being the mechanic's son that I am, I whipped out the jack and lug wrench (and inflatable kiddie pool that has been sitting in our trunk since our ward water kickball game in June) and went to work putting our emergency spare on. I even got to be the subject of a picture for a photo scavenger hunt. (Man, I'm a lucky one, aren't I? ;) ) Tire changed and hands sufficiently dirty, I hopped back into my car, fired the old bird up, and started driving off campus.
This time, there was no friendly whump-whump. Instead, I was treated to the lovely serenade of steel screeching on ice-and-snow-covered asphalt. Yup, our emergency spare…had gone flat. So, again, I pulled off the road into a parking lot, hijacked some poor, unsuspecting girl's cell phone, went to my office to use the phone and phone book, and after several phone calls and semi-unsaid curses decided to simply wait the two hours the towing company said it would be before they could get a truck to me before the two hours I would have to wait once I actually got to the tire store. *sigh*
But the day began picking up from there. The tow truck got there within 15–20 minutes instead of two hours, and I barely had time to walk down from Big-O to Blackjack Pizza, order lunch, walk back to Big-O, and eat half of my medium pepperoni pizza before my car was fixed and I was on my way home. And all it cost me was a cool $55.63 (pizza included).
Not bad, eh?
Rainy Day Chili
15 years ago
4 comments:
sounds like a fun filled day for you. We had an ice storm and were stuck inside all day.
Where do you guys live again? There must be a lot of snow and ice, we did get some here but it's only and inch and left overs from a few days ago that won't melt! Jesica
that was a great story Josh!
Launi!!!
It's me, Christy...it's been years. I found your blog through my cousin Beth's blog...how do you two know each other?
Crazy small world!
Post a Comment