Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy 2008!

We decided that we just wanted to stay in and hang out with each other this New Year's Eve.

I made us some yummy calzones.


Josh played around on his computer for a bit.


And Alex chose to reorganize our DVD collection.

After that, we put little man to bed. He went down without the slightest fuss about not getting to stay up until midnight! :) Then we had some root beer floats and watched Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, which we had not seen yet. We actually liked it pretty well--at least it wasn't as bad as the other four movies. When it was over, we still had quite a bit of time until midnight, so we played tennis, baseball, and golf, and then bowled for a bit (the joys of the Wii)! Midnight came, kisses were given, and then we pretty much collapsed into bed. Midnight is way too late for old people like us.

Happy New Year to all! We hope 2007 was as wonderful for you as it was for the Leavitt fam!

6 comments:

Lant Family said...

Ours was similar--but no wii and we didn't stay up untill midnight. I guess we are to old. 11:30 came and I was so tierd, I thought you know Lucy will still get up normal tomorrow, there is no sleeping in. I am going to bed! Especially since there wasn't a firework display planned at our house or any other incentive to stay up.

AubreyJane said...

man, look at you being all mom-ish. can i just say that your kid is like the cutest thing ever? looks like you're doing great with your little family! we're just living in richfield and working at our little store and loving life. well, gotta go help a customer. talk to you later

Devin said...

Happy New Year to you too! I just started using google reader and now that I'm back from Europe, I look forward to keeping more updated. Thanks for checking me blog while I was out and for dropping a few lines!

Kirk said...

I know about the "being old". 10:00 PM came around and I was ready for sleep.

I just had a funny thought... remember when i took your cat up on your roof... and I promise I was not going to hurt your cat.

Jesica Lindsay said...

Hey at least your guys watched a cool movie! Shaun and I ended up watching the food channel all night because the couple that was hanging with us wanted too. Then at midnight Shaun went to work and the couple wouldn't leave! I was way ready for bed but they had to stay to watch more food channel! hehe It's ok though we like them anyway.

Christy said...

Launi-
The HJ is a daily paper. There is a copy editing position open right now, they have already started interviews...have Josh apply ASAP!