Sunday, July 20, 2008

Digital Scrapbooking

I have wanted to start doing this for a long time. Digital scrapbooking seemed like a lot of fun, but I was so intimidated by everything that I don't know about Photoshop. The other night, I finally decided to just go for it and see what happened. Here are my first two pages. I know they are very amateur-ish, but I was quite proud anyway. (The photos are from 2005...you can see how behind I am on my scrapbooking!)



What do you think? Any constructive feedback is welcome. :)

13 comments:

Christy said...

These are much better than my first few attempts at digi scrapping! One way to make your elements, pictures, papers look more three-dimensional is to put drop-shadows on each. I do this by right-clicking on the layer that my element/picture/whatever is on, and selecting "Blending Options". A pop-up box will appear, and you'll see the option for drop shadow on the left hand side. Double click on "drop shadow" and then you can mess around with the settings.

Here is one of my very favorite websites to go to for digiscrapping tutorials: Jessica Sprague and then click on the "Photoshop Friday Index" on the left-hand side. It's amazing!

Bonnie Parks said...

I think good for you for jumping in. It's also on my permanent todo list, and it intimidates me too. But I haven't gotten there yet. Looks great to me!

Lindsay said...

Um, I still have pictures from 2003 to scrapbook. . . you have inspired me, though. Now that you've sampled digital scrapbooking, I'll have to chat with you about it. I am quite intimidated by the thoughts of it.

Angie said...

i love the second one!!

SarahC said...

I started doing a digital scrapbook for my little boy a few months ago (I hadn't scrapbooked any of his life yet). Now I am all caught up & I love doing it! You're pictures are way cute! You're a natural!

Jessica Sorensen said...

I love the second one. I like doing digital scrapbooking. It is so much easier to do with kids because there isn't a bunch of stuff for them to get into.

kim and ned said...

What are you talking about? I think you did a great job. I love both pages!

Janell R. Cropper said...

They look great! That also inspires me to maybe get going on it. I keep seeing things on Studio 5 for digital scrapbooking, and it looks so great...now to just get to it!

"Rowley Powley" said...

Fabulous Job Laun! I am totally impressed that you are taking on the Digital Scrapbooking World! Have you taken any classes on it? If not how did you know how to go about doing it? I love the idea of being able to have it all done on the computer and then print it out...but at the same time I am stuck in my "old fashioned" scrapbooking mode.

Keep me posted on how you like the Digital Scrapbooking - looks like you already have the hang of it.

Kirk said...

they do look pretty darn good.

Rob and Marseille said...

I want to get into it too, what site do you use?

Erin Brady said...

You did good, Launi. ;)

Marc and Lori Johnson said...

Launi- I love the scrapbook pages. I am alot like you, scared because not so photoshop sabe. But I think that yours are adorable. Your baby is sooo darn cute too.

Lori Knapp Johnson