Saturday, May 02, 2009

Four Years


For our fourth anniversary this weekend, Josh surprised me with a weekend "getaway" (we stayed in Provo but definitely still "got away"). :) Our dear friend Angie was so kind as to watch Alex for us overnight. We went to Bombay House to try some Indian cuisine. We'd never been there before and really enjoyed it, especially Josh. He still can't get over their chicken tikka! :)

Next we went to Orem's Hale Center Theater to see "As You Like It." It was an attempt to recreate the show as it would have been done in Shakespeare's time. We thought it was really fun and enjoyed the style they brought to it.

And the best part, we got to stay at the Hines Mansion B&B! We stayed in the Library Room, which has a "hidden bookcase" door to the bathroom, and a winding staircase leading up to a loft with a huge jetted tub. So relaxing and romantic! It was also nice to be able to sneak down to the kitchen several times to grab warm cookies, and to have a big gourmet breakfast in the morning. What a fabulous weekend! Thanks so much, honey. I love you!

9 comments:

Crystal said...

Congrats on four great years!

Jessica Sorensen said...

Congrats on 4 years. We stayed in that bed and breakfast on our wedding night. I love bed and breakasts.

Lindsay said...

Cute! Glad you had a fun weekend!

Emily said...

So cool Launi! That's exactly what Jon and I did on our very first date - minus the whole B&B stay, of course ;) - we went to the Bombay House and a play at Hale Center Theater. I think you've insipired me to totally copy you for our anniversary this year (which I hope you don't find creepy or anything, but let's face it, I want to be just like you). That hidden bookcase door just sounds too cool. Congrats on four years!

Janette said...

So much fun!! We actually stayed at the Hines mansion for our first anniversary but not in that room. I do have to say I'm jealous though, I really need something like that right now!!

SarahC said...

What a cute hubby to surprise you with that! It sounds like it was so relaxing & fun! I am due with this second little guy two days after our anniversary so I don't think we will be doing much this year. Happy Anniversary!

Shober Fam said...

I've never heard of that place, it sounds awsome! Glad you guys had a fabulous anniversary!!! :)

Viator FAM said...

How awesome! It sounds like you guys had a great getaway! Happy Four Years! I can't believe you guys have been married four years already! You guys are cute together and have such a cute family!

Erin Brady said...

Happy anniversary! I can't believe you've been married four years. What a good hubby Josh is.