We are scheduled to find out the sex of our baby by ultrasound in less than two weeks! So I'm going to try something I've never done on our blog before: a poll! Vote on what you think Baby Leavitt will be. You can just guess according to your own gut instinct, but here are some of our thoughts in case you want help.
BOY: Josh is one of four brothers, and all of the grandchildren that have been born on his family's side so far have been boys as well. My father-in-law has decreed that no girl-child shall ever be born in the Leavitt family. :) Also, this pregnancy has been very similar to my first; I've heard that you experience it differently with each of the sexes.
GIRL: Both of us feel like it is a girl. But that might just be wishful thinking, since we'd like to have one of both. Also, I had no maternal instinct whatsoever with Alex, but Josh was certain he was a boy. So maybe it's decided more by "paternal instinct" in our family!
TWINS: Pretty dang sure we're not having twins (we had my doctor double check on my 9 week ultrasound), but there are twins on both sides of our family. My grandmother is a twin and desperately wants twin grandchildren. I feel like I've gotten a lot bigger a lot quicker with this pregnancy. And there's always the possibility that my doctor missed the other one, right? (Please, no!) :)
So give it your best shot, and feel free to leave comments with your thoughts as well!
Rainy Day Chili
15 years ago
10 comments:
Exciting! I think getting bigger faster with the 2nd baby is fairly normal...maybe not for everyone I don't know. I know that I carried my babies differently, but I couldn't tell that until the baby was bigger, otherwise the pregnancies were fairly similar. I think you're having a girl. I have since you told me you were prego...maybe because I think everyone is having a girl...I dunno. I am very excited for you!
I am going to guess girl, just because everyone should experience little girls. My friend that has twins did not know she was having twins until her 20 week ultrasound and she had 2 ultrasounds before that one. Good luck.
I'm just so excited you're having another baby! Can't believe you're already almost halfway there! Wow! Let's see, I guess I'll go for...girl? Honestly, I have no idea. But I am excited for you!
be cool like me. have a girl ;) It sounds like the Leavitt's need a trend breaker in their family!!
Let the boy trend continue I say. Can't wait to find out!
Both of my pregnancies were completely different so I thought for sure my 2nd was going to be a girl. So when they said it was another boy, I was totally surprised! But I am going to say this one for you is a girl. You would be so cute with a little Launi replica!
I voted boy. But, if you have a girl, then- as my brother in law would say- you would have as many kinds of kids as Brigham Young. Oh- I am also voting "boy" so as to not upset the Leavitt Family, since they know me. :)
Christopher said boy, so I"ll have to go with his vote
Well, I think the paternal instincts have it. It sounds like the odds for a girl are not in your favor with all the boys in your family, but then again, maybe they are, since the mathmatical probability of having a girl are high. :) I say GIRL!! Good Luck!
Hey Launi, I'm Kirk's sister in case you were wondering. I just saw your link on his blog and thought I'd join in your poll. It is boy season all around and with the way it sounds, boys are in your family kinda like ours. I say boys...yes, twin boys. I had 2 friends who had an early ultrasound and there was no mention of twins and when they went for the 20 weeks ultrasound they did find out they were having twins and both were expecting twin boys. For your sanity, I hope it is only one though. ;)
Post a Comment