Thursday, January 28, 2010

Tooting My Own Horn

Okay, to most people this is probably not that impressive, but I was so excited about it that I wanted to share! So indulge me for a minute, please. :)

I've been trying to catch up on my digital scrapping before the baby comes, and I came across these two pictures from last May.



I was having a hard time deciding which to use. I didn't want to use both, because they're so similar. I really liked Alex's face in the second one better, but Davin (baby in the middle) isn't looking at the camera. So I decided to mess around with Photoshop and see if I could somehow combine the two pictures to get the best of both. And here is the result:


Hooray! I did it! It's not perfect, of course. You can see a few spots where things don't quite match up, but I don't think you'd notice if you weren't watching for it. Not too bad for a first effort. Looks like I've found another hobby to waste my time with! :)

5 comments:

Kristen Weller said...

Looks good! I LOVE doing this stuff!

Lindsay said...

Thanks for not photoshopping me out of the picture - I know you were tempted! :)

Lindsay said...

P.S. I am just getting started with photoshop, so I'm gonna need some tutoring next time I see you. :)

maryirene said...

that really takes talent. not everyone can do it. way to go!!! jeff loves to do that stuff too.

Erin Brady said...

I'm impressed. I need to learn photoshop, too. Maybe we can get together and waste time.