My baby got up at 2 hours earlier than usual this morning. He had a nosebleed during the night and it was all over the sheets. He wanted to be held all day long, and screamed if I went out of his sight. He has a cold or something and can't breathe through his nose very well, thus making naptime difficult (since he has to have his binky in his mouth). He had sticky, stinky, nasty black mess in his diapers. He spilled dark juice all over his clothes. My whole house smells like vinegar because I used it to try to get the stains out. Alex barfed up his dinner through both his mouth and nose, directly onto my face. We had to hold him down while he freaked out in order to suction rice cereal and chunks of peaches out of his nose. I have vomit in my hair but I'm too exhausted to care enough to shower and get it out.
And still...
I love my baby boy and there's nothing I would rather do than be his mom! Even on the tough days. I love you, Alexander.
It's also nice to have a husband who will help you with the baby all day long, and then still be willing to go get you a pizza for dinner and rent you a couple of movies from the library so you can finally relax after the baby goes to bed. I love you, Josh.
And I am proud of myself because I made it through the day without crying. I love you, me. :)
Rainy Day Chili
15 years ago
17 comments:
I must say, Launi, I am impressed! I probably would have been crying non-stop on what sounds like a very stressful day! But Alex sure is cute, so I guess that helps. :)
that is sad that he is not feeling well. Glad that you can see the positive in all of it.
Good job on keeping it together! I guess it will only get worse when you have 2-3 sick kids. I remember once I was talking to my sister and I was telling her I was overwhelmed with all the stuff I had to do and I just wanted to sit down and cry. My sister said yeah you could go cry but you still have to then get up and do all the stuff! Good point and I try to remember it. I could cry about stuff but you still have to do it. Just like either way you were going to take care of Alex. I guess that is what being a mom is about. But your reward is that precious baby and his great smile!
wow. can't believe that can all happen underneath me and i have no idea! glad you didn't fall apart! i would have. lol. hope he gets feeling better! and way to take it easy on the things you could i.e. pizza and a movie. gotta take care of yourself too!
I'm glad you're so positive. After a few nights of Grant waking every hour and a half, I told Chris we need to sell him or buy horse Tranquilizers. Thank you for your positive perspective, I'm going to go hug Grant. :)
wow. I was feeling so bad for you and the horrible experiences that alex has had. but i don't feel so bad after reading about how great the three of you are!
wow... keep up the great work! That's impressive that you didn't cry even though you had vomit in your hair... I hope things get better! Oh and btw... way to be the super optimist...
What a cute baby! Way to make it through a tough day. Alex is lucky to have such good parents. :D
No tears??? I'm so impressed! Sorry you had a rough day!
I agree! I probably would have shed a tear or two. Your such a good mom!
I guess I have a lot to look forward to.
Launi,
I love you! What an awesome mom, wife and friend you are! ...did I mention beautiful, too??
A post like this is a good form of birth control for me! I just don't think I'm prepared yet, but amazing job! I'm sure Alex is glad he has a great mom!
Ditto to what Mary Irene said. Come over and let us know when things are rough. We'll laugh/cry with you.
Poor Alex, Poor Josh, Poor You!!! Way to stay strong though! I hope he doesn't have RSV lots of babies and families here in Logan are dealing with that this year.
you're not exactly making us want to run right out and have kids! just kidding!
Daniel was doing a lot of that great stuff the other day and I will say that by the time he went to bed and I could finally clean all the places he threw up on, I was crying hard! You are one tought mama!
Post a Comment