Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Yes, indeed, a new post!

It's not like there hasn't been a lot of post-worthy stuff going on in our lives. We've just been busy/lazy/some other excuse. The 4th in Richfield, the 24th in Monroe, the Martin Harris pageant, and of course, the move! Yes, I am aware that we just moved six months ago. But who doesn't love packing up all of their stuff, moving it a few miles, and then unpacking it all again? :)

Honestly, the move happened for a lot of reasons. We were looking into actually buying a home and were pretty sure it was going to happen for a while. Then we decided that, while it was doable, it might not necessarily be what's best for our family at this time. We could afford it, but barely, and didn't want the stress of being house poor. So after that letdown, I was still lamenting the loss of a yard. Alex just needs space to run around so that he doesn't think it's so much fun to pummel his head into mama's growing belly!

So we thought we'd be looking for another apartment that had a yard but was similar in cost to our current one while still being a three-bedroom. We didn't think it would happen for a while, but lo and behold, within a month we found something. And we liked it. A lot!


So now we are in the basement of a 1920's home. We have a small yard with space for gardening. The previous tenants even left us some lovely tomato and cantaloupe plants! :) Most of the home you can tell is quite old, but other parts have been remodeled. I think it all works great for us. I especially love my kitchen. Hooray! So perhaps eventually we will get pictures up. But for now, know that we are alive and having a very eventful summer!

7 comments:

Lori and Matt said...

We're gonna miss you! We basically jsut passed by each other... enjoy the yard!

Lindsay said...

Did you make the tomato plant comment just to make me jealous or what? Can't wait to come visit your new place!

Crystal said...

It will be awesome for you to have a yard. I hope you love your new place. Good luck getting settled!

chadrick said...

I'm glad you like packing & unpacking so much or it might be kind of a pain to move so often! Hope you like the bigger space.

Emily said...

So, uh, I think moving stinks! But it sounds like you love your new place, so hopefully it was all worth it!

Austenland - yeah, I'm with you. I really think Shannon Hale needs to stick to the fantasy/YA genre. I wanted to like Austenland so much, too, because I'm a big Austen fan. The plot just wasn't interesting to me and I was sorta disgusted by the idea of old married women living out their Austen fantasies with young British men. The Actor and the Housewife had a similar theme going on. It makes me wonder if Shannon Hale has a serious thing for British actors and is living it out through her adult novels. Yeah, she should stick to fantasy.

Erin Brady said...

Your new place sounds nice! I'm glad you have a yard now! Yay!

maryirene said...

congrats! that is awesome. best of luck to you. so glad you love your kitchen. i think that sometimes makes all the difference. i know i'm going to miss my kitchen when we move. hopefully i'll love my next one too.