
So, Launi's water broke around 1:30, and once she woke me up at 2:30 to time the contractions, we were at the hospital within about half an hour. She was dilated to 5 cm then; two or three hours later, she was at 7 cm. After a few hours (and a good dose of oxytocin), our little Alexander cried for the first time. It wasn't nearly so gross as I thought it would be, and I even cut the cord! (But I didn't watch the IV or the epidural go in. Let's not get crazy.)
As you can probably guess, it's been a long day. We're thinking of just feeding Alex and letting him play in the nursery for a while. We're both exhausted.
Pictures coming soon!
Rainy Day Chili
15 years ago
8 comments:
yay! i can't wait to see pics. congratulations you guys...hope things are going well.
finally! the poor launi with puppps and gestational diabetes...hope it all goes well.
I can't wait to see pictures! Congratulations guys!
Yay! Congratulations!!!
finally!! :)
yay!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you guys! Congrats! Now you can hold the baby and get back to normal life again! not that it wasn't really that not normal before... ok so I'm very happy for you guys!
Congrats Guys! I am so glad this part is over for you. Let me know if I can do anything for you...
Launi! Through Shauna's website I found you! Congratulations on the baby (especially since I didn't even know you were pregnant) :) I hope you continue to do well! ~Beth (Karpowitz) Isernhagen (Yeah, I got married to Tim. Yay! And I live in Houston now, and I'm an 11th grade English teacher.)
Post a Comment