March 2007, nearly two and a half years later: I finally finished the darn thing!

Took me long enough, huh? I certainly wasn't working on it constantly for those two and a half years; in fact, there were probably several stretches where I didn't work on it at all for months. But I am so pleased to finally be done with it that I wanted to share it with the world (or at least our faithful blog readers)! There are some glaring errors that I was too lazy to go back and pick out, so if you notice, I would appreciate it if you would politely ignore them. :)
For those interested, the Chinese characters (according to my packet) mean happiness, good fortune, good health, tranquility, and the big one in the middle is "omen".
13 comments:
That is really cool! I love doing cross-stitch. It helped me through long summer pregnancy days. It looks awesome. may you have happiness for completing it!
cross-stitching is a beast of burden. but nice job, launi! looks like it wasn't easy. have you ever tried embroidery? i heart it.
Oh how I can relate.....I have a blanket that I have been making for the last year...it gets done like a smidge at a time. Congrats though!
Wow, Launi you're not messing around. That is a pretty intense Cross-stitch. I actually cross-stitch too, but I don't think I have done one that complex looking before. I am going to post the cross-stitch I just finished today in a couple of days. Congrats! and don't feel bad about it taking so long. I am still working on a blanket that I started two years ago, and I don't anticipate finishing it this decade:)
I am seriously impressed and inspired by this, Laun. The last thing I cross-stitched was in Young Women's. Guess I'm due for a trip to the Walmart craft aisle.
That is really one of the coolest cross-stitches i've ever seen! You really did a good job, I've checked it quite well and I just want you to know I don't see any mess ups! So when are you going to start the next one?
nice work! I don't notice anything wrong with it... good job at finishing it... if it had taken me that long, I probably would have just thrown it out! So good job at finishing something you started
That is totally gorgeous Launi!
Woohoo!!! You totally deserve a reward for completing something amazing. If I were you I'd give myself a pat on the back and a trip to the store for something cool...like maybe a new cross-stitch pattern! :D
Very neat- I'm so proud of you- I am particular to the kanji (the Asian symbols) that you chose to start out with.
it is so cool!
it is so cool!
That's wicked cool! I love it! Congrats on completing it! Now if I could just complete the dozens of projects I've got floating around the house..........lol
Post a Comment