Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother of Six!

Sorry for the long blogging hiatus. I've been pretty busy! If you remember this post from when I watched my sister's kids for a week, well, I did it again! Except this time I also watched her friend's three kids. Along with my 10-month-old baby, I was in charge of five kids ages 6, 8, 8, 11, and 13! The hardest part was being a chauffeur and getting everyone where they needed to be at the right time. Other than that it was pretty easy; the 11-year-old girl, Maddie, loves babies, so she pretty much had Alex attached to her hip the entire time. She wasn't even squeamish about changing diapers! :) So aside from the two nights in a row where I got very little sleep--Alex was teething and freaking out for one of them, and my niece Jayelle was sick and throwing up all night for the other--it was a cakewalk! I'd post pictures but a) I didn't have time to take many and b) I left my camera in Layton! But we're back to normal life now, for which we're all grateful. Josh was pretty sick of eating solely hot pockets and canned chili and not being able to sleep well. And we missed each other. A lot. I still feel like we're newlyweds sometimes!

6 comments:

Bonnie Parks said...

Wow, you rock!

Unknown said...

wow! I knew you were AMAZING!!

Lindsay said...

I think Lez just wants more neices and nephews, so she has you watch her kids to get you excited about having more. Or does it have the opposite effect? Glad you survived!

chadrick said...

i'm glad it was you and not me! and congrats on 3 years! that's awesome

Kirk said...

definitely congratulations on 3 years! Glad to hear that you can manage that many kids at one time. Now you can have multiple children on your next go around.

Emily said...

Phew! That sounds like a lot of work to me. Way to go! I'm glad you still feel like newlyweds...it's cute. :D